What’s Hoa Lu – Tam Coc Day Trip?
In Hoa Lu – Tam Coc day trip, you learn more about the Northern Vietnam countryside, history and culture on a full-day tour with many interesting activities. Located in Ninh Binh province, Hoa Lu was the capital of Vietnam under the Dinh – Le Dynasties between 968 and 1009. Some of the sanctuaries and tombs have survived over years and can still be seen today. Apart from the historical interests, river boat trip in Tam Coc is wonderful for photo hunters, especially when local people come to harvest the wet rice planted along the river, or when they transplant seedling for the new crop. This is also known as Halong bay on land.
– Departure daily from Hanoi at 8 AM
– End: Hanoi at 7 PM
– 2.5 Hour drive; 1 hour walking; 2 hour boat trip
– Sightseeing, visiting temples, pagoda, countryside, rural life experience; great photography opportunities.
Visit Hoa Lu ancient capital and take sampan trip at Tam Coc River!
Star your Hoa Lu – Tam Coc day trip at 8:00 AM from your hotel and head out for Ninh Binh province. It is 100 km from South of Hanoi and takes 2.5 hour drive. Upon arrival in the Hoa Lu village, we visit Hoa Lu – the ancient Capital of Vietnam date back to the tenth century. We visit the two temples of King Dinh and King Le, admire the unique architecture from ancient times.
Continue your drive through the so called “Halong Bay on land”, Trang An UNESCO heritage site to Tam Coc river and have lunch at a nice restaurant with many local delicacies. Then board a small sampan to visit Tam Coc which means literally three caves. With Halong bay type views of majestic limestone cliffs and mysterious caves, as well as countryside landscape like peaceful streams, rice paddies and deserted green fields, Tam Coc really has it all. You will feel the fresh air and peaceful moments, a very good opportunity for photo hunters, freezing the special moments and scenery. The boat trip takes roughly 2 hours.
You can also visit Bich Dong pagoda nearby and climb up the mountain to have a wonderful perspective view of the Bich Dong and Tam Coc if time allows. Return to Hanoi late afternoon.
What’s Included in Hoa Lu – Tam Coc Day Trip
– Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Hanoi centre
– Round-trip transport between Hanoi and Hoa Lu/Tam Coc
– All entrance tickets to sites indicated in the description
– Complimentary bottles of water on the bus
– Buffet lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine
– English-speaking tour guide during the trip
– Boat trip in Tam Coc river.
What’s Not Included
– Personal expenses and those not clearly mentioned as included
– Pick-up and drop off outside Hanoi’s Old Quarter
Want to join us this Hoa Lu – Tam Coc day trip? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for best rate.